Month9Books Birthday Bash: Dorothy Dreyer
Welcome to Month9Books Birthday Bash! We’re so excited you’re all stopping by! This is going to be an awesome event with many tour stops featuring our authors! The full schedule is below and make sure to stick around for the EPIC Giveaway taking place!
Woohoo! so pumped up to be part of this event! And to represent none other than, Dorothy Dreyer. I just bought her book and can’t wait to read her books. But before everything else, let’s get to know her first!
Dorothy Dreyer has always believed in magic. Born in Angeles City, Philippines, to a Filipino mother and American Father, Dorothy grew up a military brat, living in Massachusetts, South Dakota, Guam, New Jersey, and New York. She now lives in Frankfurt, Germany, with her husband, two teens, and two Siberian huskies. Dorothy not only writes books with some element of magic in them, but has a fondness for reading those kinds of books as well. She also enjoys movies, chocolate, take-out, and spending time with family and friends. She’s known to make a pretty sweet cupcake when she has the time. She also tends to sing sometimes, so keep her away from your Karaoke bars.
You can check out her Goodreads account here. Her Author Website, Facebook author page and don’t forget to tweet her too! She also blogs here: We Do Write.
Check out her books here:
PUBLICATION: Published May 29th 2013 by Month9Books
PAGES: 275 pages (paperback)
You can buy it here:
PUBLICATION: Published August 19th 2014 by Month9Books, LLC
PAGES: 250pages (paperback)
You can buy it here:
And now, for the exciting part.. Dorothy will share the things that she wished she knew BEFORE becoming an author. Let us see here:
10 Things I Wish I Knew About Being an Author I Didn’t Know Before
1. Checking your sales ranks is more addictive than caffeine.
2. Time moves faster when you have a deadline.
3. Shiny New Ideas, or SNIs, will constantly try to distract you from your deadline.
4. Book bloggers and BookTubers are valuable resources to have in your social network circles.
5. Not everybody loves puppies, not everybody loves pizza, and not everybody will love your book.
6. When people find out you’re an author, they don’t hesitate to ask how many books you’ve sold. After a while you’ll have the urge to ask them how much money they made last month, just so they understand how prying that question is.
7. When a TV show or movie features a writer as a character, your family members turn to you with a knowing smile (or sometimes, a roll of the eyes).
8. Every book, movie, or TV show that has a character or story element remotely close to something in your book will make you paranoid that somebody stole the idea—either you or them.
9. Everything you see becomes a potential story. Also, people who know you’re an author will throw ideas at you, suggesting you write the story, as if you didn’t have an impending deadline or SNIs waiting in line in your head.
10. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of holding your book in your hands for the very first time. And that makes it all worth it!
Thank you for that wonderful Guest Post, Dorothy!! and now.. because it is Month9Book’s Birthday here’s a quick note from Georgia McBride, owner of Month9Books
“Month9Books is turning 2 this year and I could not be happier. We are living proof that if you have a dream to write, create and inspire, you should follow that dream and let nothing keep you from realizing it. Thank you to all the readers, writers, agents, partners and friends who have made this possible. We write for you.
–Georgia McBride, Publisher and Owner of Month9Books
While all of the posts are from our authors that have books out already we also want to look forward to some of the 2015 titles we can’t wait to share with you!
Here’s a slide show of some our 2015 books!
We have a ton of sequels coming as well as new books from awesome debut authors and we’re so excited to share them all with you! We have something for everyine from every genre from Sci-Fi to Fantasy to Paranormal and Horror!
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THESE BOOKS!!!! Of course, this post won’t be complete without a Giveaway! So, here it is.. and Goodluck people. The prizes are really awesome:
(1) New Kindle with touchscreen (US only) loaded with all our Month9Books titles. US Only.
(1) Paperback prize pack of 5 Month9Books Titles. US ONLY.
(2) eBook Prize Packs of 5 Month9Books titles. International